Friday 21 April 2017

They're fun, fun and more fun. Check out my books No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes.

They're fun, fun and more fun. Check out my books No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes.

Writing my books No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes was so much fun to write that at times  I couldn't stop  just smiling and laughing while putting words and text to my computer. And now still available at Amazon and Waterstones online market place are my stories of triumph over disaster, of hope and redemption over despair and rejection. It's about growing up, struggling, striving, labouring at times and then realising that you can beat the odds, you can be victorious, you can be happy, you can be proud of who you are and life can offer that silver lining.

No Joe Bloggs is my life journey so far and it's a story about my painfully awkward teenage years, the stifled adolescence, the shyness, the pursuit and achievement of a better and more extrovert adolescence and the belief that it could all work out for the best. I know that I keep promoting my books but if you want a read about a member of the public with a story to tell that I think embraces the whole spectrum of emotions then No Joe Bloggs will definitely put a smile on your face. I'm no JK Rowling, Stephen King, Lee Child or James Patterson but this is my book and my story and I'm proud of my books.

No Joe Bloggs is about my childhood, growing up in Ilford, Essex, my parents, grandparents, my grandparents and my mum as Holocaust survivors, lyrical descriptions of Ilford, London- a chapter which really made me feel good- my favourite music, pop music bands, singers and celebrated names from showbusiness, loads of pop culture from the 1960s and 70s, TV programmes from those eras, my late dad's fictitious journey to Las Vegas with Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Junior, Tony Bennett, soccer and pen portraits of Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds United, Manchester City, Manchester United, Spurs, Aston Villa and Everton, favourite radio stations, the West End, Piccadilly Circus and plenty of language and description. So hold on, strap yourself in and prepare yourself for a rib tickling, eye popping, funny, deeply nostalgic and I think very moving book by yours truly. It's a fairground roller coaster of a book that is fun, fun and more fun.

Meanwhile in my latest book Joe's Jolly Japes I give what I believe to be  amusing descriptions of the English class system with references to the Chelsea Flower Show, the Henley Regatta, Polo on the playing fields of England, England's World Cup triumphs and disasters, victories and flops. Then I give my take on Alan Bennett, one of England's most perceptive of writers, John Arlott, cricket, showbiz celebrities, what happened on one summer afternoon at a Hyde Park when Chrissie Hynde shared the same bill as Billy Ocean and then more pop culture. I talk about the West End department stores, my childhood home Ilford again and then guide you through a world where all the things that make me laugh and chuckle will hopefully make you laugh and chuckle.

If you like descriptive language then No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes are definitely the books for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment