Thursday 31 August 2017

My books No Joe Bloggs, Joe's Jolly Japes and Victorian Madness Lyrics.

My books No Joe Bloggs, Joe's Jolly Japes and Victorian Madness Lyrics.


Here I go again. It's time for some book promotion again. I know what you're probably thinking. Why doesn't that guy who keeps plugging, promoting and reminding people about his books please stop? But I'm now the author of three books of which I'm tremendously proud. I write because I love words, the  use of words, language, the descriptive language that the English language is so eminently capable of delivering to us.

I make no apologies for promoting my books because writing is something that now energises me, excites me and makes me feel so good about life which is indeed a privilege and honour. My health is my wealth and words, sentences, imagery and word pictures give me an enormous thrill and so much private satisfaction. So here goes my latest book promotion.

My second book No Joe Bloggs is my life journey so far, my memoir, the people, places, TV programmes, radio stations, music and sport that made and continue to make life so richly satisfying. It's funny, moving, nostalgic and lyrical, a 264 page account of my childhood, growing up in Ilford, Essex, my parents, grandparents and mum as Holocaust survivors, a vividly descriptive account of the London and the West End that my late and wonderful dad felt such a close affinity to.

No Joe Bloggs is still available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and Books-A-Million online. It's a detailed and I think very descriptive homage to everything and everybody in my life from my favourite movies of all time, my favourite music, bands and singers, pen portraits of football clubs with a humorously affectionate slant, my late dad's fictitious account of his holiday to Las Vegas, chilling out with his revered heroes Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Junior and Tony Bennett and loads of pop culture from the 1960s and 70s, TV programmes from the USA and Britain and my take on some of the countries around this beautiful planet.

In my latest book called Joe's Jolly Japes, also available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and Books- A-Million online, I give my personal take on the English middle classes, England, the Chelsea Flower Show, the Henley Regatta, Polo on the playing fields of England, the World Cup for the England football team throughout recent history, their triumphs and disasters, their victories and defeats, the players and managers, British seaside resorts, the West End department stores in London, the West End, more memories of Ilford, Essex where I grew up and more pop culture.

Finally there's my first book Victorian Madness Lyrics, an affectionate homage to Suggs and the lads, Madness, the brilliant British ska band who continue to spread happiness wherever they go. Victorian Madness Lyrics, available at FeedaRead.com, is a crazy, zany but I think very original book that places the emphasis on wildly over the top, posh metaphors for most of the band's back catalogue. If you like language, grammar and words you'll love Victorian Madness Lyrics. Here are some examples from my book. The House of Fun is the Establishment of Amusement, Our House is One's Abode. If you fancy a giggle and chuckle then this is the book for you.

So there you are. Another reference to my books. Of course this is an unashamed promo for my literary contribution to the world. If you've already read any of my books I'd be grateful for a review of any of these books on my Amazon page for No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes. Thanks everybody. You're all brilliant and if you like vivid descriptions of people, places and events then you've come to the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment