Sunday 17 December 2017

My You Tube video for No Joe Bloggs. A great Christmas read.

My You Tube video for No Joe Bloggs. A great Christmas read.


I know. You've seen it before, you've heard it before but here's my latest promo for my books No Joe Bloggs, Joe's Jolly Japes and Victorian Madness Lyrics. You've got to shout it from the rooftops but not too raucously in case somebody understandably complains. But when you've got something to boast and gloat about then why not?  You pick up the tannoy and you proudly declare that these are your achievements and this is what you love doing. This is my announcement and I make no secret  of the fact that as the author of three books I'm as proud as Punch. So here goes.

If you click onto You Tube you'll find my narrative for my book No Joe Bloggs. Just tap in No Joe Bloggs in You Tube and bob's your uncle or maybe he's your cousin. Here I talk about my life so far, a heartfelt, sentimental and emotional description of my book. No Joe Bloggs is my funny, moving, emotional, nostalgic and lyrical memoir and social commentary book If you like Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Sammy Davis Junior and co. you've come to the right place. Because inside No Joe Bloggs now available at Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Waterstones online market place and Books-A-Million online I tell the imaginary but I think affectionately told story of my late dad's journey to Las Vegas.

At the beginning of No Joe Bloggs I give a perfectly authentic account of my grandparents and my grandpa's one claim to fame. He was the one who cut the hair of England's 1966 World Cup fabled trio of Sir Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters and Bobby Moore. My grandparents lived near West Ham's now famous old ground Upton Park and nothing gave my grandpa greater pleasure than giving a short back and sides to those glittering West Ham legends.

Then I describe growing up in wonderful Ilford, Essex with descriptions about the local Valentines Park and the London and West End for which my wonderful late dad had the softest of spots for. London, particularly, comes under the spotlight for attention. I talk about London with some vividly descriptive sounds and sights. The rest of No Joe Bloggs is my journey throughout my childhood, the triumphs and disasters, my favourite music, singers, movies, radio stations, loads of pop culture from the 1960s and 70s, pen portraits of football clubs such as Arsenal, Aston Vila, Everton, Ipswich Town, Chelsea, Leeds United, Liverpool, Manchester City and United, Spurs and Wolves, favourite sports personalities from those decades, favourite sporting occasions, favourite comedians and favourite TV programmes from the 1960s and 70s.

In my latest book Joe's Jolly Japes, also available at Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Waterstones online market place, Foyles online and Books- A-Million online. Joe's Jolly Japes is my take on England, the middle classes in England, the cultural institutions including the Chelsea Flower Show, the Henley Regatta and Polo on the playing fields of England. I write about England's World Cup football performances throughout the years, the victories and defeats, the players and managers.

I also talk about that great English wordsmith Alan Bennett and his fellow literary lion John Arlott, cricket's finest of all broadcasters, authors, poets and a wine expert par excellence. Essentially Joe's Jolly Japes is my personal perspective on the world and society.

Finally I give you my first book Victorian Madness Lyrics, a bonkers, nonsensical if, I think hilarious book. Victorian Madness Lyrics is a verbal festival of words that defy description. If you like language, words and alternatively funny words, metaphors and similes then Victorian Madness Lyrics is definitely the book for you. Here are some examples from the book. Our House becomes One's Abode, House of Fun- Establishment of Amusement and there is much more on the same song sheet. Victorian Madness Lyrics can still be bought at FeedaRead.com.

So there you have it my friends. Christmas is now a week away, that extraordinary time of the year when everything reaches that full stop of the year, the end of the sentence, the end of the paragraph, where regardless of the events that have preceded it, everybody around the world takes time out to sit down and wonder where the year has gone and why it seems to have flown by. None of us would like a justification or explanation for the speed at which the year has passed. It just has and suddenly the next chapter in our lives is on the next page. It may have gone too quickly for our liking or just sped past like an express train from London to Glasgow.

But if you'd like an enjoyable read I have to heartily recommend my books No Joe Bloggs, Victorian Madness Lyrics and Joe's Jolly Japes. They're Christmas crackers of books. Could somebody pass me a chocolate or maybe another mouth watering Chanukah doughnut. Better still Bing Crosby's legendary 'White Christmas' or Jona Lewie's 'Stop the Cavalry' or a delicious slice of Slade's Christmas classic. Sometimes you have to pinch yourself in case it's a dream. But it's that time of the year again and time to wrap up another gift for your loved ones. Oh, what bliss. Have a good one folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment