Sunday 26 March 2017

Joe's Jolly Japes- my latest book

Joe's Jolly Japes - my latest book.

Joe's Jolly Japes is my latest book and is available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and Barnes and Noble online. It is, I think, funny, nostalgic and lyrical. Its full of insight, social commentary about the English middle classes, the Chelsea Flower Show, the Henley Regatta, Polo on the playing fields of England, my account of Alan Bennett, showbiz stars, and to begin with my account of the England World Cup football team with their triumphs and disasters, the players, managers, the victories and defeats in recent times.

I've also given my view on English seaside resorts, an afternoon spent watching a BBC Hyde Park music concert on the TV with the likes of Chrissie Hynde and Billy Ocean on the telly, my perspective on West End department stores and lots of observations on everyday life told with I think  just a hint of humour. I'm not a comedian but I'll think you find some of my descriptions to be both amusing and insightful. If you like reading books about the lighter and brighter side to life then Joe's Jolly Japes is definitely the book for you.

Joe's Jolly Japes is designed to make you giggle, chuckle and chortle. It's a book of language and description, a book that'll make you smile and laugh in equal measure.

Thanks everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment