Saturday 11 March 2017

My second book No Joe Bloggs

My secomd book.

Roll up Roll up Ladies and Gentlemen. Let me introduce to you my second book. In no particular order, there's No Joe Bloggs, available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and Barnes and Noble online.

No Joe Bloggs will make you laugh and cry, laugh and cry again. It's my funny, moving, poetically lyrical, deeply nostalgic and very descriptive. It's my life story so far with loads of pop culture about the 1960s, and 1970s, my neighbours while I was growing up, my Ilford upbringing, my parents, grandparents, my grandpa who cut the hair of the England 1966 World Cup winning trio of Bobby Moore, Sir Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.

I tell you about my favourite music, bands and singers, the fashions and trends, my favourite radio stations, movies, soccer, my mum and grandparents as Holocaust survivors, a story about the family they could have had were it not for the intervention of the Second World War and the kind of jobs that they might have held.

There's my very lyrical description of London and the West End, Piccadilly Circus and everything that left my late and wonderful dad just breathless with admiration. I tell you about English soccer clubs in a very quirky and respectful style. If you like language, simile and metaphor then I'm sure you'll like No Joe Bloggs.

Above all if you like heart warming, uplifting, singing and dancing prose then No Joe Bloggs is definitely the book for you. There is a crazily fictitious but warmly exuberant passage about my dad's visit to Las Vegas and his Las Vegas pilgrimage.

No Joe Bloggs is I feel sure the book for you because it's a tender, heartfelt story written with affection. I know it would say that but my book No Joe Bloggs will bring a broad smile to your face and fill you with the feelgood factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment