Monday 22 May 2017

Joe's Jolly Japes.

Joe's Jolly Japes.

Me again. My latest book Joe's Jolly Japes is also available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and various online book sites around the world. This one is about the England football team, England's horror shows, the victories and defeats, the managers, the players, the trials and tribulations from my viewpoint and a large helping of humour, description and lyricism.

In Joe's Jolly Japes there is another amusing and irreverent look at the English class system, the Chelsea Flower Show which is completely relevant at the moment, Polo on the playing fields of England, the Henley Regatta, cricket, John Arlott, the voice of cricket, Alan Bennett and my pen portrait of the man, West End department stores, the great and legendary sporting characters from the 1970s who lifted us from our seats. my take on a BBC Hyde Park concert featuring Chrissie Hynde and Billy Ocean, British seaside resorts and more references to Ilford where I grew up and more about London. All in all Joe's Jolly Japes is my perspective on the world and a humorous slant on that world. I would heartily recommend Joe's Jolly Japes. Joe's Jolly Japes is a jolly good read and it's a good, old fashioned, enjoyable yarn. Thanks everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment