Monday 22 May 2017

No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes- they'll make you laugh and smile.

No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes - they'll make you laugh and smile.

I  can't deny it. I have promoted my recent two books No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes still available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and most online book sites around the world with a perhaps unreasonable persistence but I'm proud of these books and I just wanted to share my words and my feelings with you. Why, I hear you ask, does this man from the North London suburbs keep plugging and promoting his books? The answer is easy. No Joe Bloggs is a story about an ordinary member of the public who just wants to convey his life journey, his hopes and dreams as a child, the events that took place in his life while growing up and the people who made me laugh, cry, giggle and chuckle.

No Joe Bloggs is my take on my grandparents and mum as Holocaust survivors, their aspirations and the lives that were torn apart during the Second World War, their journey through life and my interpretation of what might have happened to them. It's about my favourite things, my kind of music, the music that comforted and galvanised me when shyness and immaturity threatened to hold me back but didn't.

There are also the bands, singers and groups, football and pen- portraits of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Everton, Wolves, Ipswich Town, Manchester United, Spurs and Liverpool, loads of 1970s pop culture, British newsreaders, a very lyrical description of London, my dad's favourite place the West End, growing up in Ilford, Essex, stories about my dad's fictitious journey to Las Vegas with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and Sammy Davis Junior, descriptive accounts of countries around the world, showbiz celebrities in America and Britain, TV programmes from the 1960s and 70s and all of those familiar names from the world of celebrity. If you like to be amused and moved then No Joe Bloggs is definitely the book for you.

I've also included my favourite movies, the radio stations that entertained me and most importantly the family who made it all possible me and for whom I have nothing but the most eternal gratitude and appreciation.

So there you have it. No Joe Bloggs is my affectionate homage to the whole world, the people and places who inspired me to write No Joe Bloggs, the good and positive things in life.  It's a cracking, rip roaring, all singing and all dancing book. I think it's heartwarming and uplifting and I have to admit it was a pleasure to write. If you fancy an entertaining read on your holiday beach or by the hotel swimming pool then No Joe Bloggs will definitely put a smile on your face. Yes I know this sounds like overwhelming vanity on my part but go on treat yourself folks. If you do read No Joe Bloggs then perhaps you could leave a review on my Amazon page. If not then thanks for your continued support and readership of my blog. They were great fun to write and I appreciate your comments. Best wishes to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment