Tuesday 21 March 2023

My new book of football poetry.

 My new book of football poetry.

It's hard to believe folks but this is my fifth book. You'd have forgiven for thinking that I'd simply run out of energy, desire and inclination but not me. You wake up in the morning and think of an idea or hundreds of ideas and the words just seem to pour out of me in torrents and you've no resistance whatsoever.

So what, you may ask, is the subject matter? My first science fiction novel, a horror book about monsters and evil forces, perhaps my first love story-cum- romantic novel, an epic psychological thriller or a collection of short stories? But no folks it's none of the above and that maybe for another day. Who knows? This one is different, original, fresh, and unexpectedly surprising in as much as that I didn't think I was ever capable of writing such a book.

My new book of football poetry is called Football's Poetic Licence by me Joe Morris. Now where did that one come from? You weren't ready for that one, hey. Yes a book about football poetry. It occupies a place in the literary market somewhere far away in the distance and is suitable for all fans of the Beautiful Game. It's poetry that does rhyme for every reason and most amusingly if I say so myself. But it's football poetry that paints pictures, illustrates different themes, football that is both thought provoking and full of lyrical descriptions.

In Football's Poetic Licence I wax lyrical about the FA Cup, Premier League, Champions League, my late and wonderful mum and dad, there's a eulogy to my lovely dad, my grandpa Jack, the World Cup, England, Euro 2020, Europa League, the Carabao Cup, football grounds and Ilford FC. There are topical and nostalgic references from the present day to yesteryear football. It is football poetry full of imagery, meaning and soul. It is the kind of book that may transport you all the way back to some historic FA Cup match or just make you smile, giggle and laugh.

So here's how to buy a copy of my book of football poetry. Football's Poetic Licence is available to buy at Amazon, Waterstones bookshops and Waterstones online, Foyles online, Hatchards online and Barnes and Noble online in the USA, always our friends. It's a book that you can pick up at any time of the day and find yourselves swept along with poetic adjectives, adverbs and pronouns. It is football poetry that has a very definite identity and character and I hope you'll enjoy reading it.

Football's Poetic Licence is all singing, all dancing and designed to make you feel good about football poetry. It's football as poetry in motion, football with life and vitality and football with verse and whimsical word play. You'll love Football's Poetic Licence because it's about words with emotions and from the heart. So go on, treat yourself. I can guarantee you a rewardingly enjoyable read. Thanks everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment