Thursday 5 October 2017

For Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett read my book No Joe Bloggs and for the England World Cup football team read Joe's Jolly Japes

For Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and Sammy Davis Junior read my book No Joe Bloggs and for the England World Cup football team read my latest book Joe's Jolly Japes.

Yes folks it's that time again. My friends, I give you another shameless book promotion. It's my shout out, laugh out loud promo for my books No Joe Bloggs, Joe's Jolly Japes and my homage to everybody and everything.

No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes are finger clicking, toe tapping, happy go lucky, foot tapping, rip roaring and why not- life affirming and heart warming books and if I say it so myself, a hilariously entertaining read. If you like your books with a tongue in its cheek, vividly lyrical descriptions about Ilford, Essex where I grew up, London, the West End, East End and the rest of the world then this is your kind of a book.

It's funny, giggly, moving, nostalgic and lyrical, a jumping, jiving, cha cha cha, paso doble, quick step, samba, salsa book with loads of spicy flavours, mouth watering richness of expression, word pictures, lively, expressive prose while also oozing sweetness and piquancy. It's hugely descriptive and full of the colours of the English language. Call me vain and vainglorious but you'll love my London references and my stories about my parents and, significantly, my grandparents as Holocaust survivors, my late dad's love of the West End, my mum his wife, Piccadilly Circus, Soho, Trafalgar Square and loads of pop culture from the late 1960s and 70s.

I also paint a picture of my childhood growing up in lovely Ilford, Essex, the places, the shops, the department stores, the people, my wonderful neighbours, the friends I eventually made if only because my personality held me back much more painfully than anybody could imagine. It's about families, my favourite movies, favourite music, radio stations, American and British TV celebrities and shows from the 1960s and 70s, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Sammy Davis Junior, my dad's fictitious journey to Las Vegas for games of pool and snooker.

Then I refer to soccer the English national treasures of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Tottenham, Manchester United, Manchester City, Ipswich Town, Wolves, Leeds United and Liverpool with humorous pen portraits on each of them during the 1970s.

Throughout No Joe Bloggs there is a warm positivity and refreshing vitality of expression that I think is a compulsive page turner. Now you may think I may have gone overboard in this blog but No Joe Bloggs is my personal life journey so far and I feel sure you'll love the imagery and grammar used in my memoir.

So here's my personal recommendation for this early autumn day. If you want a read that I think will definitely bring a smile to your face, grin from ear to ear then No Joe Bloggs is definitely the book for you. No Joe Bloggs is still available at Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Waterstones online market place and Books-A-Million online America - you'll love my book and so will the rest of the world. I'm proud of No Joe Bloggs. It's emotional, sentimental, magical and you'll enjoy the literary journey
thoroughly.

My latest book Joe's Jolly Japes is also available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and Books-A-Million online. Joe's Jolly Japes comes from a different perspective but is nonetheless fascinating, amusing, full of lyrical language, sharp social observation and my personal commentary on the English middle classes, the Chelsea Flower Show, the Henley Regatta, Polo on the playing fields of England, England's World Cup football team through recent history, the trials and tribulations, the players, the managers, the victories and defeats. There's my take on British seaside resorts, West End department stores, more on London with more word pictures and a general hullabaloo, sweet dish of a book with chocolate box descriptions about London and the world. Both No Joe Bloggs and Joe's Jolly Japes are a festival and carnival of words so be prepared to boogie on down with the English language.

No comments:

Post a Comment