Wednesday 15 February 2017

Joe's Jolly Japes- my latest book

Joe's Jolly Japes- my latest book.

Now I would say it but I think you'll like my latest book Joe's Jolly Japes. For those who like football nostalgia and a recent journey back into the England football team with all the trials and tribulations that seem to have accompanied them then this is the book for you.

But this is no random reminiscence of football trivia, dates, places or total flops. It is instead a tongue in cheek, witty and humorous account of England's World Cup players, managers and my personal take on Sir Alf Ramsey, Don Revie, Bobby Robson, Terry Venables, Sven Goran Eriksson, Ron Greenwood, Glen Hoddle, Kevin Keegan and all those great players from the 1970s, 80s, 90s right up to the present day.

Now I know you've probably read hundreds of books about England's World Cup misadventures, the failures, defeats, the victories and triumphs. But I think this is a book that'll make you chuckle, giggle and laugh all the way to school, college, university, work, your local park, or the privacy of your living room. It is a very different account of what happened to the England World Cup team when things went horribly wrong and then went dramatically right.

Joe's Jolly Japes is my quirky perspective on both football nostalgia, the middle classes in England, the great English national institutions such as the Henley Regatta, the Chelsea Flower Show, Polo on the playing fields of England, the great John Arlott and my tribute to the great cricket writer, my take on English seaside resorts and their special charms, my tribute to Alan Bennett and my observation on a Hyde Park concert a number of years ago featuring Chrissie Hynde, Billy Ocean and the lack of events that took place while I was watching the concert unfold.

I also describe the wonderful West End department stores with my very descriptive angle on Selfridges and all the major flagship stores in London's West End. I also analyse some of Britain's finest seaside resorts with what I think is an amusing version of what I think might happen when winter sets in and the evenings get darker at a much earlier time.

Then there's sport. I tell you about my favourite and, quite possibly, your favourite sportsmen and women from the 1970s such as Jackie Stewart, Ian Botham, James Hunt and many more who took our breath away.

And finally towards the end of Joe's Jolly Japes I go back to Ilford, Essex where it all began for me. There are another set of light- hearted anecdotes about the local shops, the people and events that shaped my childhood.

If you like language, description and quirky descriptions then this is definitely the book for you. Joe's Jolly Japes is light- hearted, funny and an entertaining read. It'll make you smile, resonate with you and take you on a voyage of discovery around Joe Morris. I've tried to incorporate all the elements needed for a good book. Joe's Jolly Japes is not a novel or story and there are no sci- fi references but it is a book that I think will tickle quite a few funny bones.

My latest book Joe's Jolly Japes is currently available at Amazon, Waterstones online market place and Barnes and Noble online. I feel sure you'll like it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment